Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Widgets

Fog, Forty Degrees…Fantastic?




Ok. Maybe not so fantastic. This morning was a test for me. I woke up at 7:35 still sore from Sunday's run and saw that temperature was a bitter 40 degrees Fahrenheit. So, I reminded myself that I do, indeed, love to run and coaxed myself out of bed.

I'm following a training course through the Runkeeper app, which is a great service by the way. On Sunday it suggested a light 1.5 mile jog and today I was told to run intervals. Intervals, such a dreadful word, but I begrudgingly ran them anyways. I started off with a half mile warmup and felt pretty great. After stretching I started the eight 1 minute intervals split with a minute and a half of walking. Doesn't sound so bad, right?

WRONG. The pain that I managed to escape on Sunday did not stray today. But I kept reminding myself that I promised I will run through the pain. It will be worth it. Guess what? It was. As I explained before, the pain goes away as soon as I finish running (except the standard soreness). So, all I had to do was finish as past as possible. Unfortunately, I'm not so fast right now, but I pushed through and am so glad I did. I've been in an awesome mood all day and I got to see the beautiful sight in my picture above. Worth it? Yes.